XFI is a rapidly expanding, next-generation enterprise software company. Our customers, Fortune 500 companies, have demonstrated that our software service improves their sales force effectiveness.
XFI has an immediate opportunity for an IT Engineer at its headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. The position requires a highly self-motivated individual who is team-oriented and has outstanding problem solving and communication skills. A can-do attitude and willingness to learn is essential.
As IT Engineer, you will help maintain and expand XFI’s IT infrastructure, operational organization, and procedures.
- BS in IS, CS, or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Information Technology
- Experienced in virtualization and cloud infrastructures
- Experienced in Windows, Linux
- Experienced in Linux system administration
- Familiarity in multi-tier application deployment
- Familiarity with J2EE infrastructure deployment
- Familiarity with multi-vendor networking infrastructures
- Familiarity with LAN / WAN security issues including Firewalls, VPN, and Intrusion Detection
- Familiarity in SQL Server configuration and management
- Familiarity in backup and disaster recovery management
- Familiarity with setting up and managing email servers including spam filters
Highly-Desirable Technical Qualifications
- MS in IS, CS, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Information Technology
- Experienced in MYSQL configuration and management
- Experienced in multi-vendor networking infrastructures
- Proficient in SQL
- Conceptualization: Feasibility studies, time, and cost estimates.
- Design: Analysis, design, and implementation of systems and networks.
- Implementation: Hands-on installation, configuration, and setup of systems, devices, and software.
- Operations: Design and operation of complex, high-availability data center. Develop and maintain operating and technology plans, and lead implementation of these plans.
- Crisis Management: Actively manage staff in the activities associated with the identification, prioritization, and resolution of technical problems in a timely fashion.
- Training: Oversee training and or education programs for IT and other users.
- Teamwork: Work closely with users, IT personnel, and vendors to assure the availability and compatibility of services. Provides input to policy level direction regarding standards, budgets, constraints, etc.
- Application of Expertise: In-depth knowledge of hardware, software, and user requirements. Applies expertise in system analytics, project and continuous operation planning and management. Resolves complex problems of users of service.
- Cost Control: Coordinates activities of the IT Department to meet established budgets and deadlines. Efficient project management and leadership for large, complex projects.
- Personnel: Manages people and makes personnel decisions. Assigns people to projects and directs their activities.
- Communication: Documentation for project work including appropriate results, user guides and operating plans. Perform presentations of engineered solutions.
- Gather, document, and implement IT requirements.
- Configure and manage virtualization and cloud infrastructures.
- Implement, test, maintain, and document backup and recovery systems.
- Setup, configure, maintain, and document Windows and Linux servers, networks, and devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair computers, servers, networks, and devices.
- Monitor servers, applications, networks, and devices for failure, resource allocation, and apply and document remedial procedures.
- Maintain and document server and software patch levels.
- Create, maintain, and document user and email accounts network wide.
- Maintain and document active directory, database servers, DNS servers, email servers, and filters.
- Maintain load balancers, proxy, and web servers.
- Maintain and document application servers, Firewall, VPN, secure remote access, anti-virus, etc.
- Perform and document software deployment and configuration management.
- Participate in on-call schedule with other members of the team.
For the right candidate who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment where results are recognized and rewarded, XFI offers an attractive compensation and benefits package.