Senior Software Engineer
XFI is a rapidly expanding, next-generation enterprise software company. Our customers, Fortune 500 companies, have demonstrated that our software service improves their sales force effectiveness.
XFI has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer at its headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. The position requires a highly proficient J2EE architect and developer who is self motivated but can also work well with a team of world-class software engineers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and leadership in the design and development of sophisticated web-based intelligent marketing solutions for XFI’s customers.
- Utilize your experience with current and upcoming technologies to keep our software solutions best in class.
- Research, document, defend, and develop designs that provide globally optimized solutions across all aspects of our applications (security, performance, scalability, availability, etc.).
- Advise and support the operational IT group with tools and techniques that ease the reliable delivery of our web applications to our customers.
- Mentor junior programmers.
Required Technical Qualifications
- Masters in Information Science, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 5 to 7+ years of relevant experience in software development.
- Highly experienced in Object Oriented software development.
- 2+ years of solid J2EE experience including JDBC, Java Servlets, JSP, XML.
- Proficient in SQL and relational databases.
- Experienced in multi-tier application development and deployment.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experienced in software development for Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience with version control and issue tracking.
- Good understanding of IT, platforms, and network infrastructure.
Desirable Technical Qualifications
- Experienced in SQL Server, MySQL, and Hibernate.
- Proficient with XML Schemas and XSLT.
- Other technologies of interest: AJAX, Spring, JSF, SOA.
For the right candidate who wants to work in an entrepreneurial environment where results are recognized and rewarded, XFI offers an attractive compensation and benefits package.